Laughter Is The Best Medicine
When was the last time you had a good laugh? A laugh that makes your belly shake. You laugh so hard, tears are streaming down your cheeks. Can you even remember the last time you laughed like that? Research suggests that children laugh up to 300 times a day but as adults we only laugh around 15 times a day; if we’re lucky enough. The interesting thing is that laughter is far more contagious than any sneeze, sniffle or cough. Just hearing laughter allerts your brain and readies you to smile and join in the fun. If we all new the benefits of a good laugh we would probably do it more often. Laughter can boost your immunity, it can ease your aches, paines, illnesses and it can improve your mood.
5 Good Reasons To Start Laughing
- Boost your immunity and health; When we laugh, our body makes more T-cell antibodies. These antibodies fight infection in your body, the more antibodies you have the healthier you will be. Laughter also activates your blood circulation. When you increase your blood circulation you will reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems like heart attacks.
- Ease aches and illness; Researchers have repeatedly found that humour and laughter will increase your pain tolerance. When you laugh a lot, the symptoms of your illnesses tend to be less severe. Have you noticed how children seem to recover a lot quicker then adults when they are sick?
- Improve your mood; Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, these are your body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Laughter can block out bad feelings. You can’t feel anxious, angry or sad when you are laughing.
- Relieve stress; The stress hormone “cortisol” drops substantially in response to laughter. This in itself will benefit your health in numerous ways.
- Brighter outlook; Laughter relieves negative thoughts associated with physical and emotional health problems. When you have had a good laugh with your friends or family you feel good and happy, like you are on a ‘high’. This feeling will stay around you for a while long after you have finished laughing. Basically; the more you laugh the brighter the world around you will look.
There is nothing better then to finish reading this with a good laugh, right? Laughter guaranteed when you watch the short video clip below;